Health is more than just the food you put into your body or how much you exercise. But it also comprises of your emotional, mental and spiritual health.
These are my top 5 health tips, to keep you healthy in all aspects of your life.
1. Get active! Move your body in a way that you love. Not everyone likes running or going to the gym. Find a way to exercise that you enjoy. It should be something that you look forward to and shouldn’t feel like a chore. Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, even just 30 minutes a day has proven heart health benefits. Your body will release dopamine, norepinephrine & serotonin leaving you with all of the happy hormones. Exercise is also a great stress reliever, including weight bearing exercises also helps improve bone density.
2. Eat whole nourishing foods. Eat the rainbow and include foods from each food group. Focus on a balanced, colorful & fiber rich diet. I always load the base of my meals with veggies and then I add a lean protein, unrefined carbs and a healthy fat. I try and stay away from processed foods as much as possible, the less processed the better. But with that being said I’m not saying never have the biscuit but rather everything in moderation. We have also got to live a little!
3. Build a healthy relationship with yourself. Speak life over your life, build yourself up with positive words. There is no use you exercise and eat healthy but when you look in the mirror you don’t love yourself. Appreciate your body and everything that it does for you. You should speak to yourself the same way you would speak to your best friend. You are in your own company 100% of the time be kind to your self.
4. Spend good quality time with people that build you up and that have a positive influence on your life. People that speak positivity in your life & that build up your confidence. People that want to see you succeed.You are most like the 5 people that you spend most of your time with. Are the people that you surround yourself with enriching your life?
5. And lastly but most importantly spend time in God’s presence. Meditate in prayer. Put on some worship music and just speak to God. Tell Him what you are grateful for each and everyday. Set time aside each day to spend with God, this is so important! If you want to grow a relationship with a friend you are going to spend more time with that person right? So if you want to build your relationship with God you have got to spend more time with Him. We can’t just try and squeeze God into the 10 minutes before we go to bed or when ever it suits us. Speak to him regularly just as you would with a friend.
Health isn’t just what you eat and how much you exercise but it’s right down to the thoughts that you have, are they building you up each day or breaking you down?